- Andrew Hansen
- Factory Manager, Retired
- John Deere Des Moines Works
- Ankeny, IA
Before retiring in 2017, Andy led one of John Deere’s largest factories, the Des Moines Works, where he was responsible for all aspects of factory operations including safety, quality, cost & delivery. The Des Moines Works manufactures a broad range of Cotton, Tillage & Sprayer equipment.
Andy joined John Deere in 1976 after graduating from Iowa State University. Andy’s career with Deere included numerous assignments of increasing responsibility in both the Agriculture and Construction & Forestry Equipment Divisions. Those assignments included Operations Manager, Waterloo Tractor Works (Deere’s largest factory), Director of Supply Management, Construction & Forestry Equipment Division and Factory Manager, Ottumwa Works (Hay Equipment) as well as Factory Manager, John Deere Des Moines Works.
Andy and his wife, Cindy, reside in Granger, Iowa.
- Former Executive Board member, Ankeny Economic Development Corporation
- Former Board member, Iowa Association of Business & Industry
- Former Board member, Northwestern University MMM Innovation Council
- B.S., Industrial Administration, Iowa State University
- Executive Program, Darden Business School